General Guidelines and Tips for Traveling to Iran
So you have finally booked your flight to Iran and excited about your trip? Here are a few tips to help you maximize your experience.
- If you are looking for a destination to spend your holidays there Iran can be a good choice. As Iran is less familiar to most of people it can seems a little bit confusing. But do not worry at all, Iran is a worthy country. Here are some tips guiding you to come here and enjoy your trip.
- If you need a car, ask your hotel. It is safer.
- Try to contact the travel companies inside Iran for better prices. It might save you up to 60% overall.
American, British and Canadian Tourists
- If you are American, you need to be on a guided tour.
- You can arrange your own private tour without the need to be included in a big group.
- Almost all other nationalities can travel in and out Iran freely without need to be part of a tour.
- If you want to travel independently and are not American then you should try to get your visa from a travel agency in Iran. It usually costs around 60$.
Travel with an Open Mind
- Try to improvise. Go to the countryside and villages. Hike, ski and take as many photos as you want.
- Accept the invitations that you might get from people on the street, if they want to invite you to their homes.
- It is quite unusual based on the western culture to do that. But in the east, that is what people do all the time for strangers. You get so much hospitality, friendship and good food and that probably you don’t want to go back to your hotel any more.
What to Pack
- Bring your Cell phone and use it there, you can get local SIM cards for 5$.
- It is cheap and gives you some free minutes to talk.
- Bring your laptop, if you are really need it , but you should know that is going to be a hassle since there are tons of computers all over the place Hotel, Cafe nets, Shops ...etc
- Bring a slim camera, instead of a chunky one.
- For clothes, you need to dress conservatively. Read our article about Dress Code in Iran.