Desert Safari from Mesr to Aroosan plus city tour of Isfahan and Kashan
If you have only a week of vacation and wish to see the heart of Iran, then we offer you this desert safari with which you will have the chance to touch on Iran's desert culture and count the stars at night.
Mesr village or Mesr desert is located at 45 km east of Jandagh city, 30 km north of Khor city in Isfahan province. This area is located in south-central desert of Iran, and it is surrounded by the mountains of the west, southwest and southeast of the central plateau of Iran. Due to its location, the great desert of Iran the climate is hot and dry. The villagers live by farming and animal husbandry; the vast majority of the production is saffron and wheat crop. In ancient times, where it was used for caravans of camels to rest or bivouac at the night while passing through the dessert, however currently most of the caravansaries have been reconstructed and used for the accommodation of tourists who want to enjoy the beauty of the desert. This region is a protected area and hunting is prohibited. Landmarks, attractions and activities in the desert include the salt lake, Tabagheh desert, motorcycling or camel riding in the sand dunes, visiting Mesr village everglade, experience of living in rural houses, existence of green fields, farms and sand dunes together and the countryside of Mesr. One of the most beautiful attractions of the Mesr desert is the sky at night to see the countless stars, observing the stars and observing the Milky Way. Every year many amateur and professional astronomers travel to this village to observe stars as training.
Day1: Arrival at IKA
Arrival at IKA airport; drive to Kashan; visit of Tepe Sialk, Fin Garden (UNESCO World Heritage) and Tabatabai Historical House.
Day2: Transfer to Mesr
Drive to Mesr village (6 hours); traditional welcome drink on arrival.
Day3: Camel Riding
Camel riding and trekking over sand dunes and ancient routes toward Aroosan.
Day4: Transfer to Aroosan
Continuing the route to Aroosan.
Day5: Excursion in Khoor
Sightseeing in Khoor, Garme, Salt Polygone Tabaghe; transfer from Khoor to Isfahan; evening visit of Sio-se-pol and Khajoo Bridge.
Full day city tour of Isfahan: Aaliqapu Palace, Imam Square (UNESCO world heritage), Imam and Sheikh Lotfollah Mosques.
Note: Imam Mosque is closed on Fridays and religious ceremonies.
Day7: Half day city tour
Half-day city of Isfahan: visit of ChehelSotun Palace, Menar Jonban (the swinging minarets), and Vank Cathedral; afternoon drive to Imam Khomeini International Airport and departure.
All daily meals & snacks according to the progamme.
Domestic transportation with air-conditioned vehicles.
Luggage transport by camels.
One night in a traditional house
Two nights in local houses
One night in camp
Three nights in hotel
Local cultural guide for city tours.
English speaking guide and one assistant guide in desert riding for each five PAX.
Visa process (obtainment of a reference number).
VAT and all other domestic taxes.
- Extra itinerary accommodations.
- Personal camping gear such as sleeping bag, mattress, etc.
- Personal expenses or beverages.
- Individual transfer(s).
- Tips for guides and drivers.
- Unexpected events and weather conditions or preliminary evacuation costs.
- All expenses not explicitly stated in the progamme.
- International flights and airport taxes.
- Visa fees.
- Any cancellation at 90 days prior to arrival date: NO charge (except in case flight tickets or hotel reservations have been issued to guarantee seats or rooms in hotels)
- Any cancellation between 89 days to 30 days prior to arrival date: 15% charge
- Any cancellation between 29 days to 20 days prior to arrival date: 30% charge
- Any cancellation between 19 days to 10 days prior to arrival date: 50% charge
- Any cancellation less than 10 days: 100% charge