Mount Damavand Ski Tour
This is a tour for all ski enthusiasts to slide down the slopes of the highest mountain in the Middle-East.
Mount Damavand, Iran's highest peak (5619 meters) is located about 80 km northeast of Tehran; it is also the highest volcanic mountain in Asia. Mount Damavand was registered as the first Iranian Natural Monument in 2008. This unique volcanic mountain has a special place in the literature and mythology of Iran.
There are four main routes to climb Mount Damavand, including the North, Northeast, South and West. There are two ways to reach the shelter of northeast route, which is located at altitude 4,320 meters. One route starts from Gazaneh at 1,650 m. and the other one start from Nandal village at 2,300 meters above sea level. Northeast route is the most beautiful route to climb Mount Damavand from Nandal village where it is the longest and the most beautiful route to reach the summit. It takes usually about 8 to 10 hours to reach the hut. There is a challenging and rocky path to the summit from the hut and sometimes the path is covered with ice and snow, hence it is better to pass the mentioned passage with crampons.
Arrival at IKA, drive to Polur (alt. 2300 m.) in southern face of Mount Damavand (ca. 3 hours).
Iranian Mountaineering Federation Camp
Day2: Ascend to Bargah Sevom/ Acclimatization
Early morning wake-up, breakfast and transfer from Polur to the start point of climbing (Goosfand sara) by jeep (alt. 3050 m.); ascend to Baregah-e Sevom Shelter (alt. 4250 m.) and acclimatization.
Day3: Acclimatization (con.)
Extra day for additional acclimatization or bad weather conditions.
Day4: Ascend to Summit/ Skiing
Climbing/ski-climbing to Mt. Damavand Summit, back to the shelter.
Day5: Descend to Polour/ Transfer to Tehran
Descend to Polur, transfer to Tehran; check in at the hotel; free afternoon.
Day6: Tehran City Tour
Full-day excursion to visit Golestan Palace (UNESCO World Heritage), National Museum/Jewelry Museum of Iran and Grand Bazaar.
Early morning transfer to IKA and Departure.
B, -, -
All daily meals & snacks according to the progam.
Cook & experienced staffs.
Domestic transportation with air-conditioned vehicles.
Porter to carry the luggage.
3 nights accommodation at Shelter, 1 night at Mountaineering Federation and 2 nights at 3* hotel as mentioned in the program.
English-speaking mountain guide and assistant guide for each 3 Pax.
Local cultural guide for city tours.
Damavand climbing permit fee.
VAT and all other taxes.
Visa process (obtainment of a reference number).
- Extra itinerary accommodations.
- Personal climbing gear such as sleeping bag, mattress, etc.
- Personal expenses or beverages.
- Individual transfer(s).
- Tips for guides and drivers.
- Unexpected events and weather conditions or preliminary evacuation costs.
- All expenses not explicitly stated in the progamme.
- International flights and airport taxes.
- Visa fees.
- Any cancellation at 90 days prior to arrival date: NO charge (except in case flight tickets or hotel reservations have been issued to guarantee seats or rooms in hotels)
- Any cancellation between 89 days to 30 days prior to arrival date: 15% charge
- Any cancellation between 29 days to 20 days prior to arrival date: 30% charge
- Any cancellation between 19 days to 10 days prior to arrival date: 50% charge
- Any cancellation less than 10 days: 100% charge