This tour is for those who crave to enjoy the beauty of Iran's Lar National Park. Four days of biking in the foothills of Damavand will be followed by a cozy city tour of Tehran; you can have one week getaway with the right dose of adventure and culture.
Lar National Park with an area of 73,500 hectares in the foothills of Mount Damavand at 80 km North East of Tehran and from the west it stretches to the ridge of Khatun Bargah.
Lar has a large diversity of flora and fauna of which we can mention fox, deer, rats, frogs, fish, eagle, partridge and bat. Lar has a large variety of plants, some of which are edible roots or have medial use. Many tourists travel to Lar area in spring for watching and photography of Lar anemone.
While biking through Lar fields, we will pass some bumpy hills and several times we'll have to cross rivers.
Arrival at Tehran IKA, transfer to hotel.
Day2: Transfer to Gamabdar/ Biking
Transfer from Tehran to Garmabdar (1 Hour), riding the bikes toward Lar valley through a mountain dirt road (18 km); overnight at camp. (Luggage transport by 4wd car)
B, L, D
Day3: Biking (con.)
Biking toward the valley in Western slopes of Mt. Damavand and river to Deli Chai River (30 km).
B, L, D
Day4: Biking (con.)
Challenging day, biking on a high ascent road (5 km on 12% Slope) and also the most beautiful part of the trip to Vararu plain (14 km).
B, L, D
Day5: Biking (con.)/ Transfer to Tehran
Biking the last part of trail on western slopes of Mount Damavand (18 km), drive back to Tehran.
B, L, -
Day6: Tehran City Tour
Visiting Golestan Palace (UNESCO World Heritage), National jewelry Museum of Iran and the Grand Bazaar.
Note: Jewelry Museum is open only on Sat-Tues from 14:30-16:30
B, L, -
Transfer to IKA, departure, end of the program.
B, -, -
All daily meals & snacks according to the progamme.
Domestic transportation with air-conditioned vehicles.
Pickup vehicle (Nissan/Jeep truck) for transferring on the dirt mountain road.
Three nights at camp
Three nights at hotel
English speaking mountain guide and assistant guide for each 4 Pax.
- Extra itinerary accommodations.
- Personal climbing gear such as sleeping bag, mattress, etc.
- Personal expenses or beverages.
- Individual transfer.
- Tips for guides and drivers.
- Unexpected events and weather conditions or preliminary evacuation costs.
- All expenses not explicitly stated in the progamme.
- International flights and airport taxes.
- Visa fees.
- Any cancellation at 90 days prior to arrival date: NO charge (except in case flight tickets or hotel reservations have been issued to guarantee seats or rooms in hotels)
- Any cancellation between 89 days to 30 days prior to arrival date: 15% charge
- Any cancellation between 29 days to 20 days prior to arrival date: 30% charge
- Any cancellation between 19 days to 10 days prior to arrival date: 50% charge
- Any cancellation less than 10 days: 100% charge