Mount Sabalan Climbing & Sarein Fixed Departure
08-11 August 2019
Price: € 330,-
With this tour you can visit Iran's third highest mountain and have a quick visit to Tabriz to have a taste of both its rich culture and magnificent natural beauty.
Sabalan is the third highest mountain located in the extreme northwest of Iran. A permanent crater Lake has formed at the summit. Sabalan has a ski resort named Alvares and different attractions such as the Sarein spa. On the slopes of the mountain, there flows many mineral water springs which attract thousands of tourists each year; the springs have various health benifits. The mountain is known for its beautiful vistas, including the Shirvan gorge, where few climbers ever venture. There are also a few small villages in the area, where the nomadic people live in their round "Yurt" tents.
Day1: Day 1: Transfer by bus to Ardabil.
In the evening transfer from Tehran to Ardabil by bus.
Day2: Day 2: Arrival in Ardabil and trekking up to 3700m
In the morning we arrive in Ardabil, after breakfast we continue with an other bus to Shabil. 3-4 hours trek up to North East shelter 3700m en-route visiting Shahsavan nomads (luggage transport by local 4WD vehicle),
(B, L, D)
Day3: Day 3: Summit descending to Mt. Sabalan.
Early morning summit push up (4811 m) then descending to camp, after lunch drive back to QoturSui and Sarein.
(B, L, -)
Hotel Boostan in Sarein
Day4: Day 4: Free time to use mineral hot springs and transfer to Tehran by bus.
Free time to use mineral hot springs and transfer to Tehran by bus.
(B, L, -)
- All daily meals & snacks according to the progam.
- Domestic transportation with air-conditioned vehicles.
- Pickup vehicle (Nissan/ Jeep truck) for transferring on the dirt mountain road.
- 2 nights in camp
- 1 night in hotel
- English speaking mountain guide and assistant guide for each 4 Pax.
- Mount Sabalan climbing permit fee.
- VAT and all other taxes.
- Visa process
- Extra itinerary accommodations.
- Personal climbing gear such as sleeping bag, mattress, etc.
- Personal expenses or beverages.
- Individual transfer(s).
- Tips for guides and drivers.
- Unexpected events and weather conditions or preliminary evacuation costs.
- All expenses not explicitly stated in the progamme.
- International flights and airport taxes.
- Visa process & fees.
- Any cancellation at 90 days prior to arrival date: NO charge (except in case flight tickets or hotel reservations have been issued to guarantee seats or rooms in hotels)
- Any cancellation between 89 days to 30 days prior to arrival date: 15% charge
- Any cancellation between 29 days to 20 days prior to arrival date: 30% charge
- Any cancellation between 19 days to 10 days prior to arrival date: 50% charge
- Any cancellation less than 10 days: 100% charge