A round trip journey designed to combine the best highlights of both nature and culture in one tour with interesting activities such as hiking in the historical Hyrcanian forest in the North of Alborz mountains and enjoying the overview of the Caspian Sea from the green highlands then visiting the small northern villages, tea plantation farms and familiarizing with Northern Iran’s beautiful lifestyle, continuing our trip to culture highlights of Azarbaijan province.
Day 1: Arrival
Arrival at Tehran IKA International Airport, transfer to hotel. Check-in and rest.
Day 2: Tehran City Tour, Visiting Golestan Palace (UNESCO World Heritage), National Museum, And Grand Bazaar
Today is a day to go through history from the 5th millennium BC to 648 AD the pre-Islam archaeological museum covers Persia’s history to a view of Islamic works of art. We can walk to get into an old traditional cafe to have lunch.
The Golestan Palace from the Qajar period is listed on the UNESCO heritage list. Build on the leftovers of a citadel is one of the oldest buildings in Tehran. The complex has several palaces and a lovely garden. The Qajar family was ruling Iran from 1785 to 1925.
The Grand Bazaar in Tehran is less than 200 years old, but for a much longer time spot trading has been going on. In total there are more than 10-kilo meter lanes full of stores. Each part of the bazaar has its own specialty, for example, copper, paper, gold, spices, and of course carpets.
Day 3: Drive From Tehran To The Caspian Sea
Drive from Tehran to the Caspian Sea through Chalus road one of the most beautiful roads in Iran with the scenic view of the Alborz Mountains then to Qasem Abad village, local music performance in the evening.
Day 4: Full Day Hiking Tour
Full-day hiking tour in the Hyrcanian forest of Northern Alborz mountains visiting small villages, tea plantation farms, and enjoying an overview of the Caspian Sea from the highlands.
Day 5: Drive To Masouleh
Drive to Masouleh passing through Lahijan city, visiting Masouleh, and free time to walk around in Masouleh passageways.
Day 6: Drive To Astara
Drive to Astara, visiting Salsal castle en route, rest of the day at leisure.
Day 7: Trekking Talysh Mountains
Drive to Lavandvil and Kutekumeh Village, trekking in Talysh mountains to reach Latun Waterfall one of the highest waterfalls in Iran with a height of 100 m, descend and drive back to the hotel in Astara.
Day 8: Drive To Ardabil, Visiting Grand Bazaar And Sheikh Safi al-din Khanegah
Drive to Ardabil, visit the grand bazaar and Sheikh Safi al-din Khanegah and Shrine the UNESCO World Heritage site, then drive to Alvares nomad camping area and camp with Shahsevan nomads, enjoying the folk music of Azeri.
Day 9: Half Day Hiking Mt. Sabalan, Drive To Tabriz.
Half-day hiking in the foothills of Mt. Sabalan, back to the camp, and drive to Tabriz.
Day 10: City Tour In Tabriz And Visit Kandowan.
Visit Tabriz’s historic bazaar complex & Tabriz Blue Mosque, then drive to Kandowan village, hike in Kandowan passageways, and drive back to Tabriz.
Kandowan is a small village where the houses are carved into the rocks. Some of them are more than 700 years old.
Day 11: Drive To Zanjan, Visiting A Historical Bath In Zanjan
Drive to Zanjan, visiting a historical bath and bazaar in Zanjan.
Day 12: Drive To Hamedan En Route Visiting Soltaniyeh Dome (UNESCO World Heritage)
Soltaniyeh was constructed in 1312 as the mausoleum of Oljaytu. It’s one of the biggest brick domes in the world. The turquoise-blue dome is surrounded by eight minarets.
Day 13: Drive To Kermanshah
Visit Taq-e Bostan, Bisotun (UNESCO World Heritage site), drive back to Hamadan
Day 14: Visit Hamadan
Morning hiking in Mt. Alvand, visiting Ganjnameh historical scripts, afternoon city tour to visit Avicenna Mausoleum.
Day 15: Drive To Tehran
Arrive in Tehran, check-in, and rest in the hotel.
Day 16: Departure
Transfer to IKA International Airport, and fly back to home.
• Visa process.
• All daily meals & snacks as a program.
• English speaking guide during all days.
•Assistant local guide during hiking tours and trekking mountains.
• Private air-conditioned vehicle with experienced driver during the journey
• All entrance fees for sightseeing as mentioned in the program.
• VAT and all other taxes
• Tips for guides and drivers
• Extra accommodations in hotels or camps more than mentioned in the itinerary.
• Visa fee
• International flights and airport taxes
• Personal expenses or beverages
• Personal climbing or ski gear such as sleeping bag, etc
• Any individual transfer more than the program
• Extra expenses that aren’t mentioned in the program.
• Changing accommodation in case of client’s request
• Unexpected events and weather conditions or preliminary evacuation costs
The prices are calculated based on mentioned accommodations. After your confirmation, we start to check availability and inform you of the probable change. In case of any change in the final booking, the price could be changed.
• After your final confirmation, we send you the invoice. You will pay 50% of the total amount 90 days before arrival.
• Any cancellation before 90 days to arrival, has NO charge.
• Any cancellation between 89 days to 30 days prior to arrival date: 15% charge.
• You will pay the rest of 50% of the amount and settle the invoice 30 days before arrival.
• Any cancellation between 29 days to 15 days prior to arrival date: 50% charge.
• Any cancellation less than 14 days: 100% charge.