Lar National Park is one of the richest habitats in Iran. Because of its importance and the critical necessity of its protection, it is now declared a preservation area by the Department of Environment of Iran. There are many seasonal and permanent rivers and Lar Dam Lake located there that make it possible for a diverse range of species of animals and plants to live in this park. However, the magnificent view of Damavand Peak is probably the most beautiful landscape of Lar Park. Damavand Peak with, its breathtaking nature, is also a preservation area close to the capital. Just like Damavand, the short distance of Lar Park from Tehran has turned it into a popular destination for tourists. It is only seventy kilometers from Tehran. Many Different species of animals inhabit Lar National Park. They include goats, rams, wild goats, sheep, brown bears, tigers, wild cats, and golden eagles. Brown trout is one of the rarest species of fish that can be found in the park. The vegetation of Lar Park, on the other hand, is quite unique. If you travel there during the end of the spring, you will find there covered with Poppies and wildflowers. The flower-covered plain, with mountains in the back, create amazing views. One of the best views of the highest peaks of Iran can be seen from Lar Park. Since Lar Park is located between high mountains, the rivers that pass through it eventually flow into Lar Dam. A part of the water of Tehran and surrounding cities is provided by this dam. The dam itself is not a part of the park and has turned into one of the promenade sites in recent years.
Hiking & Trekking
Day 1: Arrival
Arrival at Tehran IKA International Airport, transfer to hotel. Check-in and rest.
Day 2: Transfer From Tehran To Garmabdar
Transfer from Tehran to Garmabdar (1 Hour), hiking toward Lar valley through the Khatun Bargah pass (approx 11 km)
Day 3: Hiking Along Side Lar River
Hiking toward the valley and alongside Lar River to Kamardasht plain.
Day 4: Hiking To Div-Asiab
Continue the trail to Divasiab springs through minor valleys.
Day 5: Hiking To Vararu plain
Hiking on the steep road to Torshak Chal pass (3 km) then down to Vararu plain (8 km), on this day there would be free time for refreshment and recovery and enjoying the Western view of the glorious Mt. Damavand.
Day 6: Hiking To Cahamnbon Camp At 2800 m
Hiking the last part of the trail on the Western slopes of Damavand to North on high altitude up to 3650 m then down to our portable Base Camp called Chamanbon.
Day 7: Drive Back To Tehran
Drive to Tehran through Haraz road (3-4 hrs), transfer to hotel, check-in, and rest of the day at leisure.
Day 8: Tehran City Tour, Visiting Golestan Palace (UNESCO World Heritage), National Museum, And Grand Bazaar
Today is a day to go through history from the 5th millennium BC to 648 AD the pre-Islam archaeological museum covers Persia’s history to a view of Islamic works of art. We can walk to get into an old traditional café to have lunch. Afternoon visit to National Jewelry Museum
The Golestan Palace from the Qajar period is listed on the UNESCO heritage list. Build on the leftovers of a citadel is one of the oldest buildings in Tehran. The complex has several palaces and a lovely garden. The Qajar family was ruling Iran from 1785 to 1925.
The Grand Bazaar in Tehran is less than 200 years old, but for a much longer time spot trading has been going on. In total there is more than 10 kilometer of lanes full of stores. Each part of the bazaar has its own specialty, for example, copper, paper, gold, spices, and of course carpets.
Day 9: Departure
Transfer to Tehran IKA International Airport, departure, and fly back home.
• Visa process.
• All daily meals & snacks as a program.
• Table & chair in camp, local house, or shelter
• Dining tent, Kitchen tent & Toilet tent in private camps
• English speaking mountain guide on all days.
• Assistant local mountain guide for each 5 pax
• Cook & experienced staff in case of group size
• Private air-conditioned vehicle with experienced driver during the journey
• Pickup vehicle (Nissan mini truck) for transferring on the dirt mountain road
• All entrance fees for sightseeing as mentioned in the program.
• VAT and all other taxes
• Tips for guides and drivers
• Extra accommodations in hotels or camps more than mentioned in the itinerary.
• Visa fee
• International flights and airport taxes
• Personal expenses or beverages
• Personal climbing gears such as sleeping bag, etc
• Any individual transfer more than the program
• Extra expenses that aren’t mentioned in the program.
• Changing accommodation in case of client’s request
• Unexpected events and weather conditions or preliminary evacuation costs
• The group with 6 and more pax (excluding tour leader) has 1 special price for their tour leader. It is based on accommodations in a double sharing room and tent.
• The prices are calculated based on mentioned hotels and accommodations. After your confirmation, we start to check availability and inform you of the probable change. in case of any change in the final booking, the price could be changed.
• After your final confirmation, we send you the invoice. You will pay 50% of the total amount 90 days before arrival.
• Any cancellation before 90 days to arrival, has NO charge.
• Any cancellation between 89 days to 30 days prior to arrival date: 15% charge.
• You will pay the rest of 50% of the amount and settle the invoice 30 days before arrival.
• Any cancellation between 29 days to 15 days prior to arrival date: 50% charge.
• Any cancellation less than 14 days: 100% charge.