The Dasht-e Lut, situated on the eastern side of the country is so impressive,
that it has been selected as the first natural Iranian item inscribed on the
UNESCO’s World Heritage List.
Through this mystical and captivating desert, we’ll set upon a journey that’ll
take us to one of the most fascinating natural phenomenons of this region:
Shahdad Kaluts. Kaluts are giant dense clay rocks (yardang), formed by
extreme erosion of soil and water over time.
Day 1: Arrival, Transfer To Hotel
Transfer to hotel, check-in and rest.
Day 2: Tehran City Tour, Visiting Golestan Palace (UNESCO World Heritage), National Museum And Grand Bazaar, Evening Transfer To Tehran Train Station
Today is a day to go through history from the 5th millennium BC to 648 AD the pre-Islam archaeological museum
covers Persia’s history to a view of Islamic works of art. We can walk to get into an old traditional cafe to have lunch. Afternoon visit to the National Jewelry Museum.
The Golestan Palace from the Qajar period is listed on the UNESCO heritage list. Build on the leftovers of a
citadel is one of the oldest buildings in Tehran. The complex has several palaces and a lovely garden. The Qajar
family was ruling Iran from 1785 to 1925.
The Grand Bazaar in Tehran is less than 200 years old, but for a much longer time spot trading has been going on. In total there is more than 10 kilometer of lanes full of stores. Each part of the bazaar has its own specialty, for example, copper, paper, gold, spices, and of course carpets. In the evening we start our tour to Lut desert from Tehran train station.
Day 3: Arriving At Kerman Train Station And Driving To Shahdad
After spending a night on the train we arrive at Kerman train station in the morning then we drive 100 km through a beautiful desert road to reach Shahdad a small town as the western gate of entering to mystic Lut Desert. After rest and relaxing in Lut Eco Camp we have a nightly excursion to hike in the sand river and visit the nabkhas or nebkas (natural flower pots of the desert ) in Lut.
Day 4: Entering Lut Desert With 4WD And Safari Through The Yardangs And Visiting Gandom Bryan
On western borders and our entrance to Lut, we see the magical landscape of Lut Yardangs with different shapes and heights. These yardangs are natural art of wind and water cooperation for thousands of years. Passing through them to reach more remote parts of the Lut Desert in Northern Lut makes our day with
many unique scenery and views. The highlight of our full-day excursion is Gandom Bryan where the temperature can reach up to +69 C. This is one of the highest temperatures recorded on the surface of the earth, making it one of the hottest places in the world!
Day 5: Exiting The Lut Desert And Kalouts; Drive To Kerman, Visiting Mahan Garden En-Route.
Today is the last day of our adventure in the Iranian deserts and it’s time to leave all those magical lands and keep memories. After a short drive on the asphalted road, we reach Kerman to have a visit to Shazde Mahan Garden (UNESCO registered Persian Garden) then leave for Kerman.
Day 6: City Tour In Kerman Then Drive To Yazd
Today we start our day by visiting the highlight of Kerman, the Ganjali Khan complex with the traditional
caravansary and the bathhouse museum. The caravansary is particularly impressive: finely tiled walls and a
main commercial street over half a kilometer long (the longest bazaar street in the Persian region). Then we
drive to the heart of Iran, Yazd.
Day 7: City Tour In Yazd, Visit Fahadan, Fire Temple, Tower Of Silence, Dowlatabad Garden, And Amir Chakhmaq
Yazd is one of the oldest cities in the world; it is like a living museum. We will go to visit the old historical part of the city “Fahadan”, “Wind tower” of the city, which keeps the building cool, “Amir Chakhmagh” historical zone and “Jame mosque” from the 14th century in the morning then Visit the oldest fire in the world at “Bahram-e-Yazd” fire temple where a sacred fire has been kept alive for hundreds of years and is now a Zoroastrian pilgrim center. This is an opportunity to learn about Zoroastrianism, which had been the Persian religion until the Arabs brought Islam to Iran.
Day 8: Drive To Kashan, Visiting Nain En-route
Kashan is a historical city on the desert side and it’s well known for its restored merchant houses. we will visit Broujerdis’s traditional house. This beautiful house which belongs to 18 and 19 centuries illustrates the finest example of the Qajar aesthetic.
Then we will go to visit Fin Garden, this delightful garden, which earned a place on the UNESCO World
Heritage list with its historical background, an amazing atmosphere, symmetrical proportions, old cedars, spring-fed pools, and fountains is renowned as being the very epitome of the Persian Garden.
Day 9: Transfer To IKA Airport And Departure
Transfer to Tehran IKA International Airport, departure, and fly back home.
- Domestic flight (Tehran-Kerman-Tehran)
- All nights accommodation in standard grade hotels, camps, and local houses
- Services of an Iranian tour lecturer throughout the Lut desert tour
- Meals: full board
- All entrance fees to sites mentioned on the itinerary of our Lut desert tour
- Visa process
- Accommodation as mentioned in the program.
- Daily meals & snacks as mentioned in the program.
- English-speaking guide during the journey
- Local guide
- Private air-conditioned vehicle with experienced driver during the journey
- 4WD vehicle in the desert
- All entrance fees for sightseeing as a program.
- VAT and all other taxes
• Tips for guides and drivers
• Extra accommodations in hotels or camps more than mentioned in the itinerary.
• Visa fee
• International flights and airport taxes
• Personal expenses or beverages
• Any individual transfer more than the program
• Extra expenses that aren’t mentioned in the program.
• Changing accommodation in case of client’s request
• Unexpected events and weather conditions or preliminary evacuation costs
• The group with 6 and more pax (excluding tour leader) has 1 special price for their tour leader. It is
based on accommodations in a double sharing room and tent.
• The prices are calculated based on mentioned hotels and accommodations. After your confirmation, we
start to check availability and inform you of the probable change. in case of any change in the final booking, the
price could be changed.
• After your final confirmation, we send you the invoice. You will pay 50% of the total amount 90 days before arrival.
• Any cancellation before 90 days to arrival, has NO charge.
• Any cancellation between 89 days to 30 days prior to arrival date: 15% charge.
• You will pay the rest of 50% of the amount and settle the invoice 30 days before arrival.
• Any cancellation between 29 days to 15 days prior to arrival date: 50% charge.
• Any cancellation less than 14 days: 100% charge.