Damavand is the highest mountain in Iran and West Asia. It’s the natural symbol of Iran and Persia and it has a special place in Persian mythology. This tour is a great opportunity to enjoy the landscapes and feel the power of this semi-active volcano called the white hat giant.
Hiking & Trekking
Day 1: Arrival
Arrival at Tehran IKA International Airport, transfer to hotel. Check-in and rest.
Day 2: Transfer From Tehran To Polur
Transfer from Tehran to Polur (3 hours), starting the trek from the South face at an altitude of 2500 m toward the West.
Day 3: Trekking To Vararu Plain
Trekking on western slopes toward North up to 3500 m then continue the trail to Vararu plain on the western side of Damavand and a part of Lar National Park.
Day 4: Trekking To Dagh Plain Located In The North-West Of Damavand
Trekking on a steep trail up to Dagh plain in North-West face of Damavand at altitude 3650m then trekking down to the Nandal plain in North face, reaching Jochar Base Camp.
Day 5: Drive Back To Tehran
After breakfast trekking down to the Nandal village (4 hrs) and then drive to Tehran through Haraz road (5 hrs), transfer to the hotel, check-in, and rest of the day at leisure.
Day 6: Tehran City Tour, Visiting Golestan Palace (UNESCO World Heritage), National Museum/National Jewelry Museum, And Grand Bazaar
Today is a day to go through history from the 5th millennium BC to 648 AD the pre-Islam archaeological museum covers Persia’s history to a view of Islamic works of art. We can walk to get into an old traditional cafe to have lunch. Afternoon visit to the National Jewelry Museum
The Golestan Palace from the Qajar period is listed on the UNESCO heritage list. Build on the leftovers of a citadel is one of the oldest buildings in Tehran. The complex has several palaces and a lovely garden. The Qajar family was ruling Iran from 1785 to 1925.
The national Jewelry museum is housed in the Central Bank of Iran. Heavily guarded this impressive collection of jewelry is unique. One of the highlights is the Crown Jewel, last used by the Shah of Iran.
Note: National Jewelry Museum is open only on Saturdays-Tuesdays from 14-16
The Grand Bazaar in Tehran is less than 200 years old, but for a much longer time spot trading has been going on. In total there is more than 10 kilometer of lanes full of stores. Each part of the bazaar has its own specialty, for example, copper, paper, gold, spices, and of course carpets.
Day 7: Departure
Transfer to Tehran IKA International Airport, departure, and fly back home.
• Visa process.
• All daily meals & snacks as a program.
• Table & chair in camp, local house, or shelter
• Dining tent, Kitchen tent & Toilet tent in private camps
• English speaking mountain guide on all days.
• Assistant local mountain guide for each 5 pax
• Cook & experienced staff in case of group size
• Private air-conditioned vehicle with experienced driver during the journey
• Pickup vehicle (Nissan mini truck) for transferring on the dirt mountain road
• All entrance fees for sightseeing as mentioned in the program.
• VAT and all other taxes
• International flights and airport taxes
• Visa fee
• Accommodations more than itinerary
• Personal camp equipment such as sleeping bag, mattress, etc
• Personal expenses or beverages
• Tips for guides and drivers
• Individual transfer
• Unexpected events and weather conditions or preliminary evacuation costs
• All expenses which are not mentioned in the schedule
• The group with 6 and more pax (excluding tour leader) has 1 special price for their tour leader. It is based on accommodations in a double sharing room and tent.
• The prices are calculated based on mentioned hotels and accommodations. After your confirmation, we start to check availability and inform you of the probable change. in case of any change in the final booking, the price could be changed.
• After your final confirmation, we send you the invoice. You will pay 50% of the total amount 90 days before arrival.
• Any cancellation before 90 days to arrival, has NO charge.
• Any cancellation between 89 days to 30 days prior to arrival date: 15% charge.
• You will pay the rest of 50% of the amount and settle the invoice 30 days before arrival.
• Any cancellation between 29 days to 15 days prior to arrival date: 50% charge.
• Any cancellation less than 14 days: 100% charge.