Lar National Park Mountain Biking and Tehran city tour
- Mountain biking in Lar National Park’s protected area, set in the foothills of Mt. Damavand
- Seeing the region’s diverse fauna and flora and local wildlife up close
- Visiting Tehran, the vibrant and beautiful capital city of Iran
Photo Album Lar National Park Mountain Biking and Tehran city tour
Find day by day details in the itinerary.
Arrival (O/N: Hotel, Marlik)/(B,-,-)
Arrival in Tehran IKA International Airport, transfer to hotel. Check in and rest.
Transfer from Tehran to Garmabdar(O/N Camp) (B, L, D)
Transfer from Tehran to Garmabdar (1 Hour), riding the bikes toward Lar valley through a mountain dirt road (18 km half the route uphill).
Note: Luggage transport by 4wd vehicle
Biking to Div-Asiab(O/N Camp)(B, L, D)
Biking toward the valley and alongside Lar River to Div-Asiab natural spring (30 km mostly descending).
Biking to Vararu plain(O/N Camp)(B, L, D)
Biking on steep road to TorshakChal pass (3 km) then down to Vararu plain (8 km), in this day there would be free time for refreshment and recovery and enjoying the Western view of the glorious Mt. Damavand.
Biking to Nandal and Damavand Eco Camp.(B,L,D)
Challenging day; biking the last part of trail on Western slopes of Damavand to North on high altitude up to 3650 m then down to the Nandal plain (16 km uphill, 9 km downhill).
Drive back to Tehran (O/N Hotel) (B, L,-)
Drive to Tehran through Haraz road (3-4 hrs), transfer to Hotel, check in and rest of the day at leisure.
Tehran city tour, visiting Golestan Palace (UNESCO World Heritage), National Museum and Grand Bazaar (O/N: Hotel, Marlik)/(B,L,-)
Today is a day to go through history from 5th millennium BC to 648 AD the pre-Islam archaeological museum covers Persia’s history to a view of Islamic works of art. We can walk to get into an old traditional café to have lunch.
The Golestan Palace from the Qajar period is listed on the UNESCO heritage list. Build on the left-overs of a citadel is it one of the oldest buildings in Tehran. The complex has several palaces a lovely garden. The Qajar family was ruling Iran from 1785 to 1925.
The Grand Bazaar in Tehran is less than 200 years old, but for a much longer time on this spot trading as been going on. In total there is more than 10 kilometer of lanes full of stores. Each part of the bazaar as is own specialty, for example copper, paper, gold, spices, and of course carpets.
Transfer to Tehran IKA International Airport, departure and fly back home.
Lar National Park
- Any cancellation at 90 days prior to arrival date: NO charge(except in case of issuing the flight tickets to guarantee the seats or rooms in hotels)
- Any cancellation between 89 days to 30 days prior to arrival date: 15% charge
- Any cancellation between 29 days to 20 days prior to arrival date: 30% charge
- Any cancellation between 19 days to 10 days prior to arrival date: 50% charge
- Any cancellation less than 10 days: 100% charge