Rig-e Jenn, Central Desert & Lut Desert Expedition Tour
- The excitement of passing through the Sandy hills and dunes with off-road cars
- Setting foot in "Rig Jenn", which has been a long life dream for adventurers and nature-lovers
- Seeing desert plants and wildlife up close
- Visiting the Lut desert, a natural wonder that is inscribed on UNESCO's World Heritage List
- Getting to know the geological texture of the region and enjoying the sight of the starry sky in the desert night
Photo Album Rig-e Jenn, Central Desert & Lut Desert Expedition Tour
Find day by day details in the itinerary.
Arrival (O/N: Hotel, Marlik)/(-,-,-)
Arrival in Tehran IKA International Airport, transfer to hotel. Check in and rest.
Tehran city tour, visiting Golestan Palace (UNESCO World Heritage), National Museum/National Jewelry Museum and Grand Bazaar (O/N: Hotel, Marlik)/(B,L,-)
Today is a day to go through history from 5th millennium BC to 648 AD the pre-Islam archaeological museum covers Persia’s history to a view of Islamic works of art. We can walk to get into an old traditional café to have lunch. Afternoon visit of National Jewelry Museum
The Golestan Palace from the Qajar period is listed on the UNESCO heritage list. Build on the left-overs of a citadel is it one of the oldest buildings in Tehran. The complex has several palaces a lovely garden. The Qajar family was ruling Iran from 1785 to 1925.
National Jewelry Museum
The national Jewelry museum is housed in the Central Bank of Iran. Heavily guarded this impressive collection of jewelry is unique. One of the highlights is the Crown Jewel, last used by the Sjah of Iran.
Note: National Jewelry Museum is open only on Saturdays-Tuesdays at 14-16
The Grand Bazaar in Tehran is less than 200 years old, but for a much longer time on this spot trading as been going on. In total there is more than 10 kilometer of lanes full of stores. Each part of the bazaar as is own specialty, for example copper, paper, gold, spices, and of course carpets.
Drive to Nain and further to Anarak, entering Rig-e Jenn. (O/N Camp) (B, L, D)
We will drive about 600 KM in asphalt road to access the southern part of Rig-e Jenn and the small town of Anarak , then we will enter to desert, only the first 15 km will be dirt road and after that we will be in nowhere without any road.
Continuing the route to heart of Rig-e Jenn. (O/N Camp) (B, L, D)
We will continue passing through swamps and sand dunes without any track of civilization to North East, in this day we reach heart of Rig-e Jenn. We drive about 40 to 50 KMs off-road.
Passing through several sand corridors and continue the route to East. (O/N Camp) (B, L, D)
We can find ourselves in middle of nowhere in center of mystic and wonderful Rig-e Jenn desert, this would be challenging day to exit from such a desert. Everything is possible e.g. sandstorms and broken cars … We drive about 40 KM on sand dunes.
Continuing the route of Rig-e Jenn to Jandagh then drive to Mesr & Farahzad.(O/N Local house) (B, L, D)The adventure will finish by accessing to an oasis named Farahzad; it’s a village with two families in desert with a traditional lodge ready to host tourists.
Half-day rest& enjoy the atmosphere of Persian style traditional house, afternoon drive to Aroosan & Mohammad-Abad Kooregaz. (O/N Local house) (B, L, D)After a half day relaxation in silence of desert and enjoying the hospitability of desert people we will drive offroad through sand dunes to another oasis named Arusan then to village with one family in desert. 40 KMs + 10 KMs in dirt road
Drive to Tabas, en-route visiting the vast salt flat (O/N Hotel) (B, L, -)
Keeping the way to South and to reach Khurthen. Driving to Tabas, en-route and visiting the vast salt flat.
Half day tour to Tang-e MortezaAli (O/N Hotel) (B, L, -)
Refreshment Day in Tabas, half day tour to Tang-e MortezaAli to walk in an incredible canyon with two current springs of hot and cold water and visiting an ancient bund remained from Safavidera.
Visiting Gandom Beryan, Drive to Shahdad. (O/N Camp) (B, L, D)
Passing the Tabas-Kerman Road (paved road) exit toward Gandom Beryan (One of the hottest points recorded on globe Earth by NASA Observatory) then drive to Shahdad.
Visiting Shahdad Kalouts and Lut Desert. (O/N Camp) (B, L, D)
Visiting Shahdad Kalouts and Lut Desert (Natural UNESCO World Heritage) and entering the Kalouts region
Lut Desert with an outlook of Rig-e Yalan. (O/N Camp) (B, L, D)
Continuing toward the center of Lut Desert with an outlook of Rig-e Yalan. In Lut desert the guide will decide about the exact route, because of the risk of throb in the mud or sand. So the distance would be different but we will drive off-road about 50-60 km per day.
Drive to Kerman. (O/N Hotel) (B, L, -)
Exiting the Lut Desert and Kalouts; drive to Kerman.
Flight to Tehran (Mehrabad) (O/N Hotel) (B, L, -)
Flight to Tehran (Mehrabad); transfer to Hotel
Transfer to Tehran IKA International Airport, departure and fly back home.
- Visa processes.
- 6 nights accommodation in hotels in Isfahan, Tabas, Kerman& Tehran
- 2 nights accommodation in traditional houses in Farahzad and Mohamadabad
- 6 nights accommodation intent camp as mentioned in program.
- Daily meals & snacks as mentioned in program.
- English-speaking guide during the journey
- Camp Cook
- One 4WD for each 3pax
- Support vehicle
- Domestic flight from Kerman to Tehran.
- Airport transfers
- All entrance fees for sightseeing as program.
- VAT and all other taxes
- International flights and airport taxes
- Payment of Visa
- Accommodations more than itinerary or in different mentioned hotels
- Personal expenses or beverages
- Personal camp equipment such as sleeping bag, mattress, etc
- Unexpected events and weather condition or preliminary evacuation costs
- All expenses which is not mentioned in the schedule
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Any cancellation at 90 days prior to arrival date: NO charge (except in case of issuing the flight tickets to guarantee the seats or rooms in hotels)
- Any cancellation between 89 days to 30 days prior to arrival date: 15% charge
- Any cancellation between 29 days to 20 days prior to arrival date: 30% charge
- Any cancellation between 19 days to 10 days prior to arrival date: 50% charge
- Any cancellation less than 10 days: 100% charge