Sabalan Mountain Climbing and highlights of Northwest Iran Tour
- An unforgettable adventure in natural wonders & cultural highlights of Northwest of Iran
- Climbing the Sacred Mt. Sabalan, the third highest mountain in Iran and visiting sabalan’s famous permanent Crater Lake at top of the summit
- Visiting Tabriz, the Tourism Capital City of Islamic Countries in 2018, historical city of Ardebil and Kandovan, a unique village made from stones
Photo Album Sabalan Mountain Climbing and highlights of Northwest Iran Tour
Find day by day details in the itinerary.
Arrival (O/N: Hotel, Marlik)/(-,-,-)
Arrival in Tehran IKA International Airport, transfer to hotel. Check in and rest.
Flight to Ardebil, Half day city tour in Ardebil. (O/N: Hotel, Sabalan)/(B,L,-)
Morning flight to Ardebil, visiting Sheikh Safi al-Din Khānegāh and Shrine Ensemble (UNESCO World Heritage) and Ardebil Old Bazaar.
Drive to QoturSui, visiting Shahsavan Nomads. (O/N: Camp)/(B,L,D)
Drive to QoturSui, 3-4 hours trek up to North East shelter 3700m en-route visiting Shahsavan nomads (luggage transport by local 4WD vehicle.
Acclimatization day.(O/N: Camp)/(B,L,D)
Summit, Descending, drive to Sarein (O/N: Hotel, Boostan)/(B,L,-)
Early morning summit push up (4811 m) then descending to camp, after lunch drive back to QoturSui and Sarein, enjoying the lively atmosphere of Sarein in the evening.
Free time to use mineral hot springs, drive to Tabriz (O/N: Hotel, Gostaresh)/ (B,L,-)
Free time to use mineral hot springs, after lunch drive to Tabriz.
Visiting Tabriz Historic Bazaar, Kandowan village(O/N: Hotel, Gostaresh) /(B,L,-)
Visiting Tabriz Historic Bazaar (UNESCO World Heritage) then drive to Kandowan village , visiting the Kandowan , drive back to Tabriz and visiting Elgoli Garden,
Fly to Tehran (O/N:Hotel, Marlik)/(B,L,-)
Flight to Tehran, transfer to hotel, free at leisure in Tehran.
Tehran city tour, visiting Golestan Palace (UNESCO World Heritage), National Museum/National Jewelry Museum and Grand Bazaar (O/N: Hotel, Marlik)(B,L,-)
Today is a day to go through history from 5th millennium BC to 648 AD the pre-Islam archaeological museum covers Persia’s history to a view of Islamic works of art. We can walk to get into an old traditional café to have lunch. Afternoon visit of National Jewelry Museum
The Golestan Palace from the Qajar period is listed on the UNESCO heritage list. Build on the left-overs of a citadel is it one of the oldest buildings in Tehran. The complex has several palaces a lovely garden. The Qajar family was ruling Iran from 1785 to 1925.
National Jewelry Museum
The national Jewelry museum is housed in the Central Bank of Iran. Heavily guarded this impressive collection of jewelry is unique. One of the highlights is the Crown Jewel, last used by the Sjah of Iran.
Note: National Jewelry Museum is open only on Saturdays-Tuesdays at 14-16
The Grand Bazaar in Tehran is less than 200 years old, but for a much longer time on this spot trading as been going on. In total there is more than 10 kilometer of lanes full of stores. Each part of the bazaar as is own specialty, for example copper, paper, gold, spices, and of course carpets.
Transfer to Tehran IKA International Airport, departure and fly back home.
- Visa processes
- 2 night accommodation in camp, 7 nights at the mentioned hotels.
- Meals & snacks as program
- English speaking mountain guide and assistant for each 4 pax
- English speaking guide for city tours
- Domestic transportation by air conditioner vehicles
- Pickup vehicle (local 4WD vehicle) for transferring on the dirt mountain road
- All entrance fees for sightseeing as program.
- Domestic flight from Tehran to Ardebil.
- VAT and all other taxes
- International flights and airport taxes
- Accommodations more than itinerary
- Personal climbing gear such as sleeping bag, mattress, etc
- Personal expenses or beverages
- Individual transfer
- Tips for guides and drivers
- All expenses which is not mentioned in the schedule
- Visa payment
- The group with 6 and more pax (Excluding tour leader), they have 1 special price for their tour leader as above. It is based on accommodations in double sharing room and tent.
- Any cancellation at 90 days prior to arrival date: NO charge (except in case of issuing the flight tickets to guarantee the seats or rooms in hotels)
- Any cancellation between 89 days to 30 days prior to arrival date: 15% charge
- Any cancellation between 29 days to 20 days prior to arrival date: 30% charge
- Any cancellation between 19 days to 10 days prior to arrival date: 50% charge
- Any cancellation less than 10 days: 100% charge