Gandom Beryan and Lut Desert
Dasht-e Lut, situated in the eastern side of the country is so impressive, that it has been selected as the first natural Iranian item inscribed on the UNESCO's World Heritage List.
Through this mystical and captivating desert, we’ll set upon a journey that’ll take us to one of the most fascinating natural phenomenons of this region: Shahdad Kaluts. Kaluts are giant dense clay rocks (yardang) , formed by extreme erosion of soil and water over the time.
Photo Album Gandom Beryan and Lut Desert
We start our tour to Lut desert from Tehran train station in the evening.
After spending a night in train we arrive Kerman train station in the morning then we drive 100 km through a beautiful desert road to reach Shahdad a small town as the western gate of entering to mystic Lut Desert. After rest and relax in Lut Eco Camp we have a nightly excursion to hike in sand river and visit the nabkhas or nebkas (natural flower pots of desert) in Lut.
On western borders and our entrance to Lut we see the magical landscape of Lut yardangs with different shapes and heights. These yardangs are natural art of wind and water cooperation during thousands year. Passing through them to reach more remote parts of Lut Desert in Northern Lut makes our day with many unique scenery and views. The highlight of our full day excursion is Gandom Beryan where the temperature can reach up to +69 C. This is one of highest temperature recorded on the surface of the earth, making it literally one of the hottest places in the world!
Today is the last day of our adventure in Iranian deserts and its time to leave all those magical lands and keep memories. After 100 km drive in asphalt road (Shahdad-Kerman) we reach to Kerman to have short visit then leaving Kerman back to Tehran by train.
• Visa process
• Accommodation in camps as mentioned in program.
• Daily meals & snacks as mentioned in program.
• English-speaking guide during the journey
• Local guide
• Private air-conditioned vehicle with experienced driver during the journey
• 4WD support vehicle in desert
• All entrance fees for sightseeing as program.
• VAT and all other taxes
• International flights and airport taxes
• Visa fee
• Accommodations more than itinerary or in different mentioned hotels
• Personal expenses or beverages
• Tips for guides and drivers
• All expenses which is not mentioned in the program
Two days Tehran Extension ;
- Airport Transfer on Arrival and Departure days
- Visa application process
- One day Visit highlights of Tehran
- Two nights accommodation in Tehran
Payment and Cancellation Policy
• After your final confirmation, we send you the invoice. You will pay 50% of total amount until 90 days
• Any cancellation before 90 days to arrival, has NO charge.
• Any cancellation between 89 days to 30 days prior to arrival date: 15% charge.
• You will pay the rest of 50% of amount and settle the invoice until 30 days before arrival.
• Any cancellation between 29 days to 15 days prior to arrival date: 50% charge.
• Any cancellation less than 14 days: 100% charge.